How to turn off Safari website notifications on macOSi2.wp.com/9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/how-to-view-edit-passwords-mac-safari-1.jpg?resize=640%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1 640w, i2.wp.com/9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/how-to-view-edit-passwords-mac-safari-1.jpg?resize=1024%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1 1024w, i2.wp.com/9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/how-to-view-edit-passwords-mac-safari-1.jpg?resize=1500%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1 1500w, i2.wp.com/9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/how-to-view-edit-passwords-mac-safari-1.jpg?resize=2000%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1 2000w, i2.wp.com/9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/how-to-view-edit-passwords-mac-safari-1.jpg?resize=2500%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1 2500w” style=”max-width: 100%; height: auto; margin: auto; display: block; clear: both;” class=””>
Safari website notifications are great to get up to date news as they are published. However, it can sometime be overwhelming and you might want to turn off Safari website notifications for certain sites.
Follow along to learn how to turn them off…
How to turn off Safari website notifications on macOS
- While in Safari on macOS, tap on Safari > Preferences.
- Tap on Websites and then Notifications on the left column.
- Highlight the website you’d like to turn off notifications for and tap the Remove button at the bottom. Confirm the removal.
Safari website notifications are great until you are overloaded with tons of them. Knowing how to manage them and reducing the amount of notifications pushed is always a good thing, especially when they start to get a bit spammy.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to switch to list view or grid view on Apple Watch with watchOS 5
- How to enable mute on iPad
- How to use Cc and Bcc in email on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro